Home Barling Magna Great Wakering Little Wakering Foulness Island Surrounding Area Original Site Small Beginnings Reunions Website Additions Research Links Contact Us About Us Heritage Site


Barling & Wakering Villages Plus
Peter Huxter Collection - Great Wakering Chapels & Churches - Gallery 2

(Photographs and captions supplied by Pauline Huxter)











Congregational Womens Own Excursion Congregational Church, Chapel Lane, Great Wakering (Built 1890) Congregational Womens Own Excursion, High Street, Great Wakering June 30th 1913 Congregational ‘Band of Hope’ Outing, High Street, Great Wakering Congregational Church Outing Women (and babies) Congregational Womens Own Meeting (and babies) Congregational Church Outing (children) Congregational ‘Band of Hope’ Outing, High Street, Great Wakering July 28th 1914 Congregational Church Sunday School and Bible Class, Chapel Lane, Great Wakering c1900-10 [Back Row 3 Rev W Robertson (Minister from1888 to 1922)] Old Meeting house (Congregational Church) Chapel Lane, Great Wakering built in 1822. This was used as a Sunday School (when the new Church was built in 1890) and demolished in 1903.